Sunday, November 28, 2010

An Update

Well it is November 28th 2010 and I leave for Los Cabos in 7 days, the countdown is on. I spoke with my Neurologists office the other day and they had nothing to good to say. I told her I was not sure if I would be able to get the treatment or not, as I am unable to come up with the funds but that if nothing else I would be going there and speaking with the doctors involved. I also told her I was scared and to that she replied with "why are you considering it if you are afraid" to which I said "it is my only real option to try to get my life back". At that point she must off thought I was a bit weak because she then told me that my MS clinic has seen several complications due to angioplasty for CCSVI including one person with a stroke that is in the hospital right now. I got off the phone and thought about it for a while and all it did was make me want to do it more. I was fibbing to her when I said I may not go through with it, my bad, I am going to do it I am very excited and nervous about it but I am going to do it, next week as a matter of fact. Wish me luck.

Now to get everything in order before we go has been a bit of a challenge, I have all my shots and prescriptions, but I am sure I have plenty more to do including packing for Stacy. We are leaving at such a cold time of the year and even that has me a bit worried for my house and pets. Hopefully it all goes well. I sure hope one of the things that improves for me is my cognitive functions, because I have been meaning to write this blog for several days now, I just am having a hard time getting it together. A couple of other things that would be nice are to lose the fatigue it is overwhelming and maybe if I am lucky get my balance back or lose the vertigo. I have nothing but great thoughts for this. On the other hand I am realistic and understand I may be one of the people that does not see much improvement. Trying to explain that to my friends has been a bit challenging, most of them think it will be the end of my problems I think it is a good reason to take better care of my life. Some have even asked me why I would do it if I am not sure it will help me? All I can say is I know where I am heading if I don't.

Anyway I may not write until I have had the procedure done so sometime in the first couple of weeks in December. Till then play safe and Take Care.
Ang


No comments:

Post a Comment